SEO stands for search engine optimization. That much has stayed the same. It refers to techniques that help your website rank higher in organic search results, making your website more visible to people who are looking for your brand, product, or service via search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. (Wikipedia)
1. Use WordPress and a premium theme like SEO plugin.
2. Target the right keywords. Google’s Keyword Tool can identify high search volume which can help you a lot.
3. Include keywords in your Page Title and Page URL.
4. Include keywords in your subheads for your posts throughout your site
5. Place keywords in the “alt” tags of your images.
6. Try to include your primary keyword in the first paragraph of your page content.
7. Link appropriate keywords to other articles that expound on that keyword on your site.
After reading the article ‘7 SEO Principles Bloggers Must Remember’ written by Tony Ahn (2015), he believes that the keywords is very important to make your website rank higher in organic search results. The title tag is the most important thing in telling search engines what my project is about. To change my title tags, I have installed the SEO plugin. Once I installed, I log into my WordPress and go directly to WordPress admin and Settings All in SEO Pack. I think I would like to make my other site rank higher.
Tony Ahn, 2015, ‘7 SEO Principles Bloggers Must Remember’, viewed at 5 June 2015,<http://www.convinceandconvert.com/digital-marketing/7-seo-principles-bloggers-must-remember/>.